Jan 15, 2014

I thought I'd write a bit of my thoughts instead of the onslaught of pictures. It's just easier keeping this blog full of pics and not having to explain myself, ( that just takes too long). Moving away to Arizona has been good. Trading up my winters for 75 degree weather has been the number 1 best thing about coming here. Tony and I didn't know how we were going to get through another cold, smoggy, winter in Utah. When we can get outside with our kids we function much better as a family. The sun has helped considerably with the seasonal depression, but being away from family and friends is a new and hard adjustment. Also, my baby is only seven months old, I'm still nursing, hormones are still a little wacky.
Having FOUR children has sent me and Tone a little over the edge. The oldest is only 7 so they're all so very needy, to both of us, at the same time!! Most days I feel so inadequate as a parent. Like why is it so hard to keep the damn house clean! Or it's 6 o'clock, the kids are all whiny, oh it's because I have to feed them too! I know it's just the stage of my life of toddlers and babies and little kids. Mostly I just think how do people do this and not completely lose it. Every day I work really hard to have just a few minutes of peace, and I can usually get that when the 2 youngest overlap with naps. That period is my saving grace. These sweet little kids have their way of refining us, shaping us into something better. I thought raising kids was about molding them, turns out they're just molding us!











1 comment:

Laurie said...

Dang, it is so true. I'm jealous of your weather and being outdoors. Depression is hitting me hard this year. It just seems like there is no end in sight. I have to recite to myself that it will get better in a couple of months. It will get better.