Aug 16, 2013



So Laurie, since you might be the only person who regularly checks this blog ill just chat with you a minute.
Wow, pregnancy, babies, sure takes it out of ya! Never in a million years I would have guessed this would be this hard! I feel like I should be good at it by now. I see how I can actually survive on less sleep. But then I get mad my house is a complete disaster and my children won't clean it up how I want. Cant they just put things back exactly as I do? Then I see myself yelling at them that they aren't doing things the way I want them to. So I calm down, right. Because who needs to be wasting their energy yelling at them for something so trivial? Not me! Because I'm going to be up, awake from sleep in a tiny amount of time to nurse a baby back to sleep. I guess these kids put things into a better perspective for us if we just pay attention. Did I tell you when I pick the girls up from school, my home doesn't smell of fresh baked cookies or a healthy snack for my children to eat, no, most days the baby needs to be held while lainey is telling me her story from school, hadley handing me her papers, and link saying loudly, "i want cocoa!" I really never pictured having all kids need me at one time. It's crazy! I have to look back and laugh because when I'm in that moment I really want to cry.
I hope baby O is sleeping good for you. I hope your pregnant body can survive a little longer.
Just wanted to chat a bit. And here's a picture.



Palm trees at our neighborhood park. Pretty.



Little chubs, fast asleep. Might be my very favorite thing about being a mom.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Grr. I just typed a whole book for you and blogger deleted it! Pbbt. Well, I think your park looks beautiful and your sweet little chubby baby is making me excited to cuddle my own new baby. :) I'm dreading right after school, too. I'm worried that both girls will need to do homework and Owen will be tired and hungry and grouchy and everyone will need a snack. And I'll just be tired! This was a super-fatigue week. I really really hope next week is an energy week to make up for it. I feel like a lousy mother and wife on weeks like this one. Tomorrow is Dave's birthday and Ruby just threw up so I'm wondering if our plans for a hike just went out the window. He's so low maintenance when it comes to birthdays, it would be a pity to not be able to do the one thing he wants. I'm glad Tony likes his job. I hope the hours are good for you and your kids, too. And I hope things settle down and fall into a routine for you! Love you, Megan!
Laurie

Betsy said...

Oh Megan! I am glad you still blog. I wish I did. I am happy we talked this week and now I can look at all the pictures to go along with your life. You make beautiful babies!
Sage is a doll - I lover her chub and dark hair. Let's try and coordinate a trip home sometime. Miss and love you.

Adrian said...

Yay! I will start looking at your blog more often. Love the pitures and updates. I can't wait to see more. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're blogging too! I WILL get back into this! You just live a few miles away, but I still love looking at pics of your kiddos.